Thursday, September 17, 2009

What's New at the Pet B&B!

As most of you have already discovered, I have a new website now. I still have many changes and additions to come, on the website, in the coming weeks, but here are a few of the highlights:

I have implemented a new vaccination policy. Full details are listed on the site.

Starting with last Saturday September 12th, I am no longer open Saturdays for drop-off or pick-up. I now have Monday to Friday office hours only: 9-11am, 1:30-6pm. I have always been closed Sundays & Holidays.

I have placed a maximum cat restriction on my boarding facility. I now only accept 50 cats at any one time. This is way off of my highs of approximately 80 cats a day, in the summer time, and 120 cats a day at Christmas time.

I decided half way through this past summer, that with that capacity, I simply didn't have the time to do the work with the animals, that was so important to me. Most people already know that I am an Animal Communicator. I have found it very frustrating and sad that I haven't had enough time in the past 6 months to do my research and improve my skill with them. There is just so much 'work' to do, with that many animals, that I no longer had time to do the 'fun' stuff... my passions... talking to the animals, learning about what they can teach us and learning about how we can help them too. I also have a huge curiosity in the 'energy work' realm, and look forward to learning more about that, with the help of the animals. They are incredible teachers!

Needless to say, that if you are travelling over my busiest times of the year, it will be very important to book well in advance. I only have a few spaces left for this Christmas & New Years period. With the reduction to less than half of my normal capacity, I have also increased my daily rates. It is the first time in 4 years that I have increased my rates, the second time in 8 years.

I have incorporated the blog into my website now. It is still available at http://www.ottawacatchit-chat.blogspot.com/ . I find that the blogspot software is easier to use, if you are searching for your cat by name, using the Search feature on the old blog. I plan to keep both active.

I will be gearing up to redesign my group areas and make a bunch of new play structures for all of the cats, in the weeks leading up to Christmas, and the winter season.

The Best for Last: Now that I have reduced my workload quite drastically, I actually have managed to find time in my work day to get back into talking with the animals... I am thrilled to be back at it... Each animal can teach me something new. I will post my first conversation, since summer, in tomorrow's posting. I had the pleasure of speaking with 'Sigmund', a baby Ball Python (also called Royal Python).

Happy Fall Everyone,
Melanie

No comments:

Post a Comment