Thursday, November 5, 2009

What's on Kali's Mind?


Q. Kali's mom wrote me to see if I could find out why her female cat sprays in her home all of the time. She's even taken to defecating in the apartment lately. I've met Kali a couple of times. She's had a new younger brother for a while now.




A. I started by asking Kali how she was? 'Not fine. Sad all the time. Why? 'No time'. Explain? 'I have no time to myself, alone. Why not? 'Little one, wants to play all the time. Won't leave me alone sometimes. Do you like your little brother Kali? 'I love him'. Do you like playing with him? 'Sometimes it's alright.' Why are you peeing in the house? ' Get away from him, distance from him'.




What do you want your mom to do so that you'll be happy again and stop messing in the house? 'Give him time away from me. I need a break sometime too. It would be nice to get to rest sometime too. He's a lot of work, always after me to play'. How much time would you like away from him? 'Every night. How do you mean? 'Few hours, on my own.' Do you mean at night, when your mom is sleeping? 'Not more than that, a couple of hours even, at night , to rest better.' Where would you like your mom to put your little brother? 'Outside the bed room'. Where do you want to rest? 'Inside, on the bed/dresser, high up.' Do you want your mom & dad in the bedroom with you, while you rest/sleep? 'Not necessary. Don't need them to be. How many hours would you like alone everyday? '3 or 4. How will you let them know when you want to be left alone, or when you want back out of the bedroom? 'Meow at the bedroom door.'




I told her that her mom was very unhappy and frustrated with her about the messing and smell in their home. ' I know that'. Why do you continue? 'Make her stop'. What? 'Stop being mad at me all the time.' I told her that she'll stop being mad at her when she stops messing in the house! 'Yes. I know.' I asked her if she wanted a new home? 'No'.

No comments:

Post a Comment