Thursday, January 14, 2010

My little Tree Hugger, Olaf!



Olaf (dark tabby) stayed with me for a few weeks over the Holidays. He just went home. I have known him for years. During the second half of this visit, he became very playful and goofy. The usual Olaf, as seen in the photo left, would sit quietly, calmly and a bit reserved, atop one of my snow capped trees..... But, then something happened with him... He gained this whole new appreciation for the trees, that I had never witnessed before.....



He would embrace them.....







Hold them tightly in his arms..





Head butt them...





Feel their energy...






And alas, sit atop his favorite tree, as if he hadn't done all that crazy, playful goofiness.... I tell you, it pays to slow down sometimes..... If I hadn't, I would've assumed that Olaf hadn't moved... that he just sat on his tree, watching me do my morning set up. Stop and smell the Roses! Something like that!








No comments:

Post a Comment