Sunday, December 7, 2008

What would you change if you could?

All of the cats that stay at my kennel are my favorites but one little female black cat has a real place in my heart. We've spoken many times and each time she teaches me something new about animals and their personalites.

This conversation was early on in our relationship. She told me that she didn't like to hunt small animals because ' it's mean, cruel, not sport.' She preferred cat food. When I asked her if she liked music, she replied whole heartedly, 'Oh, Yes!' She loved Chopin and 'the classics'. Her favorite instruments were violin and guitar.

She didn't really like her name. She preferred the name Mary. She really wanted a young friendly sister in the house for company. She thought that if her family wouldn't call her Mary, perhaps the new cat could be called that.

When describing her personality, she said she was 'helpful'. She explained to me that she 'helps mom with her paperwork!' She also described herself as 'smart as a whip'. I asked her who told her that? She said, ' I did'. She described herself as a nervous cat. When I asked her what she would change about her life if she could, she replied ' not scared anymore. Happy cat'.

No comments:

Post a Comment